Prepositions with examples
Prepositions(parts of speech) is a word that is used before nouns and pronouns to show their relation to another part of the sentence. In this article, I have brought up plus 100 Prepositions with examples, and how to use them in our sentences.
The prepositions start with the letter A.
- As far as
- As well as
- According to
- Ahead of
The prepositions start with the letter “A” examples within the sentence.
- I am about to leave the class.
- The picture is above the table.
- She wants to go abroad.
- We discussed it according to the title.
- The men are moving across the road.
- I will go to school after I take my breakfast.
- After all, she could cook the dish.
- Do not go against the rule.
- A long time ago, we were friends.
- The teacher is ahead of the students in management.
- Let’s drive along the road.
- She is the best amidst friends.
- Among the best students, she got first.
- He is nice amongst all boys.
- Apart from my studies, I am good at playing rugby.
- Did she arrive around the fixed time?
- As they reached home we started the party.
- He won’t leave as far as I am sure.
- I can read as well as I can write.
- The papers are aside from the table.
- Can you stand at the top of the roof?
- She went away.
All the prepositions start with the letter B.
- Because of
- By means of
Some other prepositions start with the letter “B” examples within the sentence.
- I am happy because of the newborn baby.
- She solved the problem before we called her.
- The cat is hiding behind the tree.
- In winter, the cold goes below zero degrees.
- I found him beneath the public.
- We have to take care of our health besides studies.
- Besides, she is still naughty.
- I slept between the two men.
- Beyond everything, we managed the class well.
- I can sing songs, but my voice is not good.
- I reached home by bus.
- She went abroad by means of earning more money.
More related grammar:
Learn the prepositions that start with the letter “I”.
- In accordance with
- In addition to
- In case of
- In front of
- In lieu of
- In place of
- In spite of
- In to
- Instead of
Started with the letter “B” Prepositions examples within the sentence.
- The cat is in the room.
- We go forward in accordance with the schedule.
- I bought a bag in addition to shoes.
- She must take pills in case of illness.
- She stood up in front of the teacher.
- They cut the grass in lieu of weather.
- The man took the bowl in place of a plate.
- I went to the hall In spite of being ill.
- The solution is inside the topic.
- The students must play football on the ground instead of on a computer.
- She went into the car slowly.
Some other prepositions with examples, start with the letter “O”.
- On account of
- On behalf of
- On to
- On top of
- Out from
- Out of
- Owing to
Start with the letter “O” Prepositions and examples within the sentence.
- This is the list of students who joined in January.
- The plane going to take off.
- The pen is on the table, We believe in his words.
- They found him quickly on account of his talent.
- The more prominent son represents on behalf of his father.
- She threw the ball onto the roof.
- My home is opposite his.
- Kamila is out of the ring.
- We cut the grass out of growing new crops.
- John went outside the room.
- Put the sheet over the table.
- I came home owing to eat lunch.
Prepositions that start with the letter “T”.
The preposition that starts with the letter “T” is an example within the sentence.
- I came earlier than him.
- The man moved through the street calmly.
- She will arrive till the end of the party.
- From ten to twelve, the class begins.
- He did not speak, throughout our whole day.
- Girls can do better five times than men.
- The watch is hanged toward the wall.
- The lion is running towards us.
Learn the propositions start with the letter “U”.
Prepositions start with the letter “U” examples within the sentence.
- Hide him under the clothes.
- Unlike others, we will not dance.
- The students stood up while the teacher came in.
- My book is underneath the other books.
- Until 10, we will wait.
- He stood upon his words.
- I passed the class via notes.
Few common prepositions start with the letter N.
- Next to
Prepositions start with the letter “N” examples within the sentence.
- We stood near each other.
- Did you visit him the next day?
- All the pens are next to the paper.
- The teacher turns off the class notwithstanding to students.
Common prepositions start with the letter “P”.
- Prior to
Prepositions start with the letter “P” examples within the sentence.
- Ten past nine we leave the room.
- Bring the cups per person.
- The sheep were slaughtered prior to my words.
- I found plus 100 titles for him.
Some other prepositions with examples that start with the letter “R”.
- She walks around the room.
- Can we know regarding reality?
- They scored roundabout 10 points.
Prepositions that start with the letter “S”.
- I have been studying since 2020.
These Prepositions start with the letters c, d, E, f.
- Due to
- Close to
- They could win despite the rain.
- The student calms down the teacher.
- The government collapsed due to corruption.
- How can I leave the class during a lecture?
- I could find all except Karman.
- She brought a flower for me.
- The man is from a good family.
- put it close to the door.
Prepositions with examples that start with the letter “W”.
- With a view to
- The son went with his mother.
- I reached there within 10 minutes.
- Morality is worth respect.
- Be with him today.
- It was completed within a fixed time.
- The car without a tire does not run.
- laziness stops us with a view to success.
Prepositions with examples that start with the letter “L”.
- Like as
- They are performing like me.
- The infant performed like an expert.
- We start eating hence after the class.